6/7/2013 REO Speedwagon, Pepsi Amphitheater at Fort Tuthill Park, Flagstaff, AZ


 8 years ago today...

June 7, 2013 - Flagstaff, AZ

The rock & roll pride of Champaign, IL, REO Speedwagon, played classic rock and radio ballads among the pines at Pepsi Amphitheater at Fort Tuthill Park.
Along with Lyle Lovett, REO Speedwagon is at the top of the list of bands I have seen the most times. I have 20 ticket stubs from past REO shows and I know that I am missing a few. A little before my time in clubs, REO played bars and small theaters surrounding my home town. Bassist Bruce Hall played in a country-rock outfit that is pictured in my high school senior yearbook playing our homecoming dance.
Live in concert, REO covers a lot of their biggest album, "Hi Infidelity" including many radio-friendly ballads. I prefer the rockin' REO of the mid and late 70s and they faithfully play several numbers from that era and their first three albums.
R-Entertainment, an area concert and events promoter that I have freelanced with over the years, promoted this show and invited us to a post-show meet & greet with the band. The boys appreciated my Red Lion 40th Anniversary T-shirt, highlighting a Champaign rock & roll club near the University of Illinois campus that was the site of some of the band's earliest performances before graduating to larger venues. We were also given one of the stage copies of the setlist and an autographed concert poster. Thanks to R-Entertainment for the VIP treatment at the show and the production opportunities with area concerts and events.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

7/10/21 Super Bowl of Rock: Ted Nugent, Lynyrd Skynyrd, REO Speedwagon, Journey, .38 Special, Soldier Field, Chicago, IL

3/31/1998 Arizona Diamondbacks Inaugural Game vs Colorado Rockies, Bank One Ballpark, Phoenix, AZ

10/24/2008 Tina Turner, Jobing.com Arena, Glendale, AZ